Fully sponsored Flight Instructor Course at OSM Aviation Academy
The aviation industry is growing and there is a huge need for pilots over the years to come. We are therefore excited to announce a fully sponsored Flight Instructor Course at OSM Aviation Academy.
Available slots: 8
- Fully sponsored EASA Flight Instructor Course, held in English.
- Paid license and fees
- 100% permanent employment* as Flight Instructor (A) at
OSMAAwith a bondingof 24 months** after course completion.
- Contractual salary from day one of employment after completing the Fl(A) course.
*Normal working conditions apply, including a six (6) months trial period.
**If the employee for any reason leaves before the entire time has lapsed, the candidate will be charged proportionally for the training fees and costs involved. (e.g. leaving after 50% of the time equals to pay for 50% of the normal course fee + costs). If
Our fleet consists of Cessna 172 (C172) and Diamond Twinstar (DA42), all equipped with G1000 avionics and Boeing 737 (B737) simulators.
What we expect from you and what you can expect from us
If you are selected to join our team you will become part of a professional organization where high demands will be placed on you regarding responsibility, initiative
We enjoy working with colleagues who are ambitious and willing to contribute to the further development of our experienced and well-functioning organization. The aviation industry is known for its constant innovations and it is vital for our academy that we stay ahead of the curve to ensure that we provide our students with the foundation they need to succeed in their careers.
Commitment, reliability and respect are words to live by at OSM Aviation Academy.
In return, we offer a professional organization where
We operate with a flat company culture that we believe creates a healthy and trustworthy relationship between coworkers and managers, which is crucial to
As a qualified FI(A) at OSM Aviation Academy, we include:
- 100% permanent position in Sweden or Norway*
- Attractive career possibilities with a great network of partners
- 25 days paid annual leave
- Pension and insurance schemes
- Yearly wellness grant for all
- Loss of license insurance
- All necessary proficiency checks paid for (and 40% discount on all other
- Medical renewal included
- Personal laptop
- Staff discount on aircraft rental
*6 months trial period according to
- Must be at least 18 years old
- EASA CPL(A)
- Valid SEP (Land)
- Valid EASA Class 1 Medical Certificate
- Speak and write fluent English
- Legal right to live and work in Norway and Sweden (if applicable)
- Clean criminal record
- Have completed 5 hours on single-engine
piston powered aeroplanesduring the 6 months preceding the pre-entry flight test.
- The Pre-entry flight test shall have been done within 6 months prior to course start.
- You must be able to read, write and converse fluently in English. If you speak a Scandinavian language it gives merit, but it is not a requirement.
- You have a high-quality mindset and you are passionate about teaching and providing our students with the best possible education.
- You have a positive attitude
- Good communication skills and team oriented
- Leadership- and coaching skills
- Self-driven and structured in your work
- Safety aware and responsible
- Able to follow routine and procedures
For candidates seeking employment in Norway, the selected candidates have to apply for The Civil Aviation Authority of Norway’s background check and
The Flight Instructor Course at
The intention is to give the candidate a refresh and also a deeper understanding of the subjects on a PPL-level, to increase the ability to act as an instructor.
The course includes thorough instruction in Teaching and Learning, including two whole days held by an experienced expert consultant on the subject. We have also included
After the intensive theory training is finished, the full focus will be given to the flying to become familiar with the instructor role and handling of aircraft from the right seat. 25 Hours are flown with an instructor and 5 hours will be flown together with another instructor candidate enrolled on the course.
When all flying and internal check and tests are complete the candidate is submitted to skill test to demonstrate his/her ability to act as an instructor. The skill test is administrated by an examiner nominated by the Swedish Civil Aviation Authority.
- Totally five weeks theory course (144 hours) 4 days/Week
- A minimum of 30 Hours flying of which 25 hours is Dual and 5 hours Solo
All eligible applicants are given
Next step in the process consists of an interview, written test, and theoretical test lesson. This step is also being carried out at
Last part of the process is a practical test. For the practical admission flight, you will be assigned a flight lesson in advance to learn.
The test consists of three part:
- Part 1 is the Briefing before the flight were the candidate together with an instructor that acts as a student goes thru the exercise
- Part 2 is the Practical flight where you demonstrate and instruct the student in the same time as you fly
- Part 3 is debriefing where you go through the lesson and talks about the students’ performance
NOTE! Step 1 is a requirement from the school meanwhile step 2 and 3 is mandatory according to regulations.
The whole process will be done as concentrated as possible for the candidates to minimize the travel and time spent in Västerås before the start of the course.