OSM Aviation Academy is now looking for an HR Coordinator who will be responsible for the company’s HR related processes and operations in Norway.
Location: Arendal, Norway
Deadline: 15th of November 2021
Are you our new HR Coordinator?
OSM Aviation Academy (OSMAA) is one of the largest flight schools in Europe and has delivered professional flight training for individuals and airlines since 1963. We provide theoretical and practical flight training in Sweden, Norway and USA with an airline-oriented focus tailored to prepare our students for a career in aviation. We offer both self-sponsored flight training programs and government-sponsored higher vocational education programs. In 2018 and 2019, OSMAA was named Europe’s best flight school.
OSM Aviation Academy is now looking for an HR Coordinator who will be responsible for the company’s HR-related processes and operations in Norway. This includes HR responsibility for flight instructors, aircraft technicians, aircraft technical apprentices, and admin personnel, currently approximately 50 employees.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone with a passion for HR and administrative work, who loves working with people, who are organized and independent, and who is eager to take on new challenges.
The HR coordinator will work out of our office in Arendal city center, Norway.
Main duties and responsibilities for this role (not exhaustive):
- Responsible for all HR processes from A to Z, including recruitment, onboarding, contract administration, follow-up of sick leave and vacation, preparing, distributing, and analyzing employee surveys, handling disciplinary cases, offboarding, etc.
- Handle day-to-day HR matters and inquiries from employees and managers.
- Administration in relation to monthly salary payments.
- Responsible for employee handbook, as well as developing and maintaining HR policies and procedures.
- Communication (incl. participation in meetings) with relevant unions and union representatives.
- Responsible for the company’s insurance and pension policies.
- Support and cooperate closely with management.
- Cooperate closely with HR in the company’s department in Västerås, Sweden, to make sure HR processes are streamlined.
- HR responsible for OSM’s Aircraft Technical Apprenticeship program in Tallinn, Estonia.
- Assist with other administrative-related work/duties as assigned by management.
- Some traveling must be expected.
Qualifications and experiences:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in HR or equivalent.
- Experience from work with the full specter of HR tasks (HR from A to Z). Experience from the aviation industry will be considered an advantage.
- Experience with the use of test tools in relation to recruitment.
- Experience with collective agreements and negotiations/cooperation with unions in Norway and Sweden will be considered an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both in Scandinavian and English.
- Computer and software skills, especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Availability to work out of the OSM Aviation Academy office in Arendal city center.
- Availability to travel.
Personal skills and knowledge:
- Efficient with a hands-on approach, not afraid of taking initiative.
- Structured and accountable, with an eye for detail.
- Approachable with a positive, open-minded attitude.
- Self-motivated and comfortable working independently, but also in cooperation with others.
- A desire to develop the people of the organization.
What do we offer?
- Skillful and social colleagues in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Challenging tasks and a wide range of responsibilities.
- Possibility to develop professionally.
- Competitive conditions.
- Personal computer, mobile phone, and coverage of telephone subscription.
- Company pension and insurance scheme.
- Full-time, permanent employment.
- Nice office locations centrally in Arendal, Norway.