FAQ | FAA Integrated

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Here you will find the answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding OSM Aviation Academy and our FAA Integrated program. As the FAQ is based on the questions asked it will constantly be updated as new questions arise. In the menu to the left, you find the questions organized in main categories.

If you don’t find your specific question(s) in our FAQ, you are most welcome to contact us or message us on our Facebook page.

Pre-entry Requirement

Is there a minimum age requirement to begin flight lessons?

No, there is no legal minimum age to start flight lessons. However, you must be at least 16 years old to fly solo and 17 by the time you conduct your check-ride. Having said this, it is more cost-efficient to start training between the ages of 16 and 17 at the earliest.

What is a Flight Physical Exam?

A flight physical is a medical exam conducted by a certified FAA physician. It provides a basic outline of your general health for flight operations. For the Privet Pilot Certificate, you are required to have at least a class III medical and for the Commercial License you must have at least a class II medical.

How do I enroll in a course?

Firstly, you should contact us with all your personal information, and proper documents like passports, other licenses, etc. Thereafter we help you design your own program, according to your needs, and requirements, and finally after making all the payments already established, provide you with all the equipment you need.

Go to FAA Part 141 course page

Does the price per hour include fuel?

Yes, it does. The price includes everything you require for an instruction flight.

Do I need a Medical Certificate to fly?

Yes, you do. It is a law that you as a student pilot or a pilot must-have in your possession the appropriate medical certificate for each license. It is mandatory.

Can I validate any foreign license?

Yes, you can. You will have to go through a process with an FAA inspector or an examiner as well, it is very simple, you will only have to provide your license, medical certificate, and logbook from the origin country. 


What are the payment methods?

We accept debit, credit, and reward cards, as well as cash or bank transfers, whatever is most comfortable for you.


Do the living accommodations come fully furnished?

Yes, all the apartments come fully furnished and include amenities such as Wi-Fi and cable TV.

What is the climate like in Florida?

Summer in Florida ranges between 30 -35 degrees Celsius (86-95 degrees Fahrenheit). In the winter months (December – February) the temperature averages around 12 to 20 degrees Celsius (54-68 degrees Fahrenheit).

Are meals includes with housing?

Meals are not included in the package. You are responsible for buying your own goods at your own expense.

How do I get from the house to the school?

The house is 1 mile away from the school, we provide transportation for you and it is included in the price for the house ( $20 per day ).

General Information

What do I do when I arrive in the United States?

As soon as you arrive, your flight should have been already confirmed two days before with us, so we can make the arrangements to pick you up from the Miami or Fort Lauderdale international airport, and then take you to the school or the housing facilities, depending on the time.

Are there other ways to study besides with an instructor?

The school works with Jeppesen syllabus, which means you can study one on one with an instructor as well as study with our Jeppesen online courses, they are also approved by the FAA, and they have the same value as with an instructor, however, we recommend to take the online course and some ground school to clarify certain doubts.

How does the Bahamas trip work?

When you begin the cross country phase of the training, one of the proposed destinies is Bimini, Bahamas. It is an out of the country navigation, where you can practice different procedures, as well as enjoy a wonderful place to visit.