OSM Aviation Academy offers FAA Private Pilote Licence (PPL) courses which include the practical and theoretical training required for pilots to take the FAA Part 61 PPL(A) certificate.
Training plan and duration
The FAA Part 61 PPL(A) course is estimated to take 4 months, and requires full attendance during this period. During this period, we can offer you group housing, follow-ups on progress, and administrative and educational assistance during the whole period.
- 20 hours of personalized ground training
- 30 hours dual flight training in a C172 SP
- 5 hours Pre/Post-flight briefings
- 10 hours solo flight in a C172 SP
The student must have an approved FAA First Class Medical and TSA approved confirmation email (non-US citizens) before the first flying lesson.
- Medical Certificate
- Student application form
- TSA approved (non-US citizens)
- Authorization from your parents if you are under 18 years old.
An initial payment of 30% of the total cost must be made before the initial course staring date on students´ application form.
- PPL Cessna Pilot Course (online)
- First Class Medical Certificate
- PPL Checkride
- PPL Aeronautical Knowledge Test
- TSA (Initial), if required
- TSA Fingerprints, if required
*Prices are estimated on the minimum hour requirement to complete the required training. It is not guaranteed you will complete your training in the number of hours or time frame stated. In some cases, additional training may be required for you to complete. Should you exit any flight/ground hours or require additional accommodations, you will be responsible for additional costs.