Instrument Rating (IR)
On this page, you will find information about costs, pre-entry requirements, and the FAA Instrument Rating (IR) offered by OSM Aviation Academy.
The start dates are flexible, please contact us with your requested start date.
The FAA Instrument Rating course is estimated to take 2 months and requires full attendance during this period.
We can offer you group housing, progress monitoring, administrative and educational assistance during the whole period.
- 30 hours of personalized ground training
- 10 hours Pre/Post-flight briefings
- 15 hours in a full-motion simulator Redbird MX-2
- 15 hours dual flight training in a C172 SP G1000
- 10 hours shared flight time in a C172 SP
You will need an approved FAA First Class Medical and TSA approval confirmation email (non-US citizens) before your first flight lesson.
- Medical Certificate
- Student application form
- TSA approval (non-US citizens)
- Authorization from your parents if you are under 18 years old.
Price and payment
An initial payment of 30% of the total cost must be made before your course start date.
- IR Cessna Pilot Course (online)
- First Class Medical Certificate
- IR Checkride
- IR Aeronautical Knowledge Test
- TSA (Instrumen), if required
- TSA Fingerprints, if required
*Prices are estimated on the minimum hour requirement to complete the required training. It is not guaranteed you will complete your training in the number of hours or time frame stated. In some cases, additional training may be required for you to complete. Should you exit any flight/ground hours or require additional accommodations, you will be responsible for additional costs.