TRAINING LOCATION | VÄSTERÅS, SWEDEN
The ATPL course will provide you with the theory education needed to work as a commercial pilot in Europe. After the completed course you will have the opportunity to continue your pilot education with CPL/ME/IR and MCC courses.
The ATPL theory is a semi-distance course. Classroom education is combined with distance studies over the DLS (distance learning system). The course is planned to take 39 weeks, based on full-time studies.
There is a possibility to extend the course, however, if you do not have the possibility to study full-time during the entire course.
The classroom-based studies are approximately 109 hours, and many hours of self-studies are additional to this. The students will have access to instructors through the DLS during the course, where material and instructions also will be available.
The studies are made up of three different phases. Each phase commences with an instruction week, followed by home-studies through the DLS, a refresh-week in the classroom and a final test.
Schedule of the phases:
- Classroom tuition, introduction week (1 week)
- Home studies: DLS and CBT* (7-9 weeks)
- Classroom tuition: Refresh week (1 week)
- Home studies: Test preparations (1 week)
- School tests and CAA exams (2 weeks)
Introduction and refresher week includes classroom tuition for 2-4 days, sometimes even on Saturdays and Sundays. Test weeks consists of 2 test days in general.
One test is included in the course tuition fee, as well as one re-test if necessary. A detailed schedule is distributed to all students in the course through the DLS.
*Computer Based Training
Before you can apply
- Valid ICAO PPL (A)
- Valid EASA Medical Class 1
- Graduated from High School / Upper Secondary School with passing grades in the following subjects:
- Mathematics B / Mathematics 2b
- English B / English 6
- Physics A / Physics 1a*
*If you are lacking the physics course from High School you can do a 2-week full-time physics distance course at OSMAA.
PRICE AND PAYMENT PLAN
COST OF EDUCATION
The ATPL (A) Theory costs 39 000 SEK and the payments are divided into three installments at the start of each phase. An application fee of 10 000 SEK will be invoiced together with your acceptance letter and contract which must be paid in order to secure your spot.
- Application fee – 10 000 SEK (before course start)
- Phase 1 – 10 000 SEK (before phase 1 begins)
- Phase 2 – 10 000 SEK (before phase 2 begins
- Phase 3 – 9000 SEK (before phase 3 begins)
The course is approved by CSN for Swedish citizens.
You are responsible for acquiring the course literature, which is made up by Oxford’s ATPL literature. The material is high quality and consist of both books and CBT (computer-based training).
The theory package needed for this course:
- Oxford ATPL theory books (a total of 14 books)
- EASA ATPL Exam Preparation CD