The ATPL theory is a semi-distance course. Classroom education is combined with distance studies over the DLS (distance learning system). The course is planned to take 12 months, based on 75% study time.
The classroom-based studies are approximately 123 hours. Additional to this you will have approximately 623 self-study hours and 562 hours in the DLS. The students will have access to instructors through the DLS during the course, where material and instructions also will be available.
The studies are made up of three different phases. Each phase commences with an instruction week, followed by home studies through the DLS, a refresh week in the classroom, and a final test.
Schedule of the phases:
- Classroom tuition: Introduction week (1 week)
- Home studies: DLS and CBT* (12 weeks)
- Classroom tuition: Refresh week (1 week)
- School tests (1 week)
- Home studies: Test preparations (1 week)
- CAA exams (1 week)
Introduction and refresher week includes classroom tuition for 2-4 days, sometimes even on Saturdays and Sundays. Test weeks consist of 2 test days in general.
One test is included in the course tuition fee, as well as one re-test if necessary. A detailed schedule is distributed to all students in the course through the DLS.
*Computer Based Training
Before you can apply
- Valid ICAO PPL (A)
- Graduated from High School / Upper Secondary School with passing grades in the following subjects:
- Mathematics B / Mathematics 2b
- English B / English 6*
- Physics A / Physics 1a**
*If you are lacking the English requirement from High School you can do a TOEFL test. You need a score of 85 to meet the requirement.
**If you are lacking the physics course from High School you can do a 2-week full-time physics distance course at OSMAA.
Price and payment plan
The course is divided into four installments:
Registration fee: 10 000 SEK/NOK
Course start: 12 113 SEK/NOK
Course start + 3 months: 12 113 SEK/NOK
Course start + 6 months: 12 113 SEK/NOK
Course price: 46 339 SEK/NOK excl. VAT.
This course is approved by CSN for Swedish citizens.
The literature that is needed for completing the ATPL course are:
- CAE eBook EASA Edition 2020 (£630). At the moment it is only possible for educators to order this package and the student will be invoiced by the school.
- Litterature package ATPL(A) from KSAB Pilotshop (2025 SEK) including:
- Jeppesen General Student Pilot Route Manual set
- CAP 696
- CAP 697
- CAP 698
- Jeppesen ST-CSG Navskiva