Head of Training (HT)
We are currently looking for a Head of Training to design and oversee the flight training program within our organization. Your role will be extremely important as you will be responsible for identifying training and developmental needs and drive suitable training initiatives.
The Head of Training reports to the Managing Director. The position is based at Västerås Airport (ESOW) in Sweden.
What you will do
- Ensure training is in compliance with the appropriate requirements
- Overall standardization between theory and flight training requirements
- Responsible for the Operations Manual and Training Manuals
- Ensure compliance with NCAA, Svenska Yrkeshögskolan (YH), and Nasjonalt Organ for Kvalitet i UTdanningen i Norge (NOKUT)
- Decide on training requirements together with CFI and CTKI
- Ensure that Aircraft and FSTD are correctly included in ATO Permit and Operations Manual
- Assess applicability of operational OSD and MEL together with CAMO
- Represent training issues with NCAA
- Support Marketing and Sales regarding training programs in tender processes
- Assure that all student requirements are fulfilled and documented
- The Head of Training should hold or have held in the three years prior to the first appointment as HT, a professional pilot license and associated ratings or certificates issued in accordance with Part-FCL, related to the flight training courses provided
- Extensive experience as an instructor for professional pilot licenses and associated ratings or certificates
- Preferably 1500 hours airline experience to comply with APS/MCC requirements
- Experience in change management, and always pursue a safe, efficient, and flexible training concept for all training provided
- Passing the test as Head of Training at the Swedish Transport Agency
Who you are
To be successful in this role, you should have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills to motivate and encourage staff and to deal effectively with internal and external contacts ranging from executive to administrative levels. Furthermore, you need extensive management and leadership skills and the ability to demonstrate composure under stress and in times of uncertainty.
We think you are a creative thinker, strategic, and with the ability to handle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines. At the same time, you are detail-oriented to assure compliance with authority regulations. You can identify performance improvement opportunities and gaps, conduct analysis, and develop solutions that will deliver the desired results through training programs. You also have knowledge of instructional methodologies, progression theory, learning evaluation models, and various delivery methods.
What we offer
- A great working environment with skilled and motivated coworkers
- Attractive career possibilities with a great network of partners both within and outside of the OSM Aviation Group
- Yearly wellness grant
- Pension scheme
- Personal laptop
- Loss of license insurance
- All required Proficiency Check(s) paid for
- EASA Medical Certificate renewals covered
- Travel insurance
Regarding your application
Please send us your application by the 22nd of February at the latest.
All applications must be submitted via OSM Aviation's website: Click here to apply.
For any questions regarding the role or application process, please contact Accountable Manager Bjørn Granviken at email@example.com or +47 941 35 824.